Dear Parents and Carers
With one week until schools close for the holidays, we should be winding down, however recent news about the Omicron variant has made it clear that we must be more careful than ever. Although the Schools Guidance has not yet changed, there have been changes to the national guidance about close contacts of people who have tested positive for COVID-19. The list below sets out what you should now know:
Household Close Contacts
Must complete 10-day isolation (this includes under 18s) and is irrespective of vaccination status/negative test
Non-Household Close Contacts who are adults (over 18)
Can end self-isolation if all of the following apply:
- · you’re fully vaccinated
- · you receive a negative PCR test result
- · you do not have, or develop, symptoms
If you’re a close contact (non-household) and you’ve tested positive for coronavirus in the last 90 days, you do not have to self-isolate or book a test if you’re fully vaccinated unless you develop new symptoms.
Isolation advice for under-18s (including under-5s) from Health Protection Scotland
- · All those under the age of 18, should isolate in line with the high risk/low risk advice in place before the emergence of omicron.
- · High risk contacts (for example, household resident, household non-resident, intimate, intense social care) should isolate for 10 days even if the PCR/LFD test is negative. This also applies to under 5s.
- · Low risk contacts (for example, classmates, car shares) will receive a warn and inform letter but will not be required to isolate or do a PCR test
Please find below link to information:
As I mentioned, there is no change to the Schools’ Guidance, though Headteachers may make some small local changes. All major changes will be communicated to you directly first, should that be necessary
Thank you in advance for all you can do to support us in this final week of term. By regular testing, being vaccinated and of course following FACTS, we will hopefully do enough to enjoy a healthy, happy Christmas holiday.
Acting Head of Schools and Lifelong Learning